A Solitary Reaper

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

DOWN THE MEMORY LANE...

Love went away from life even before I knew. The thought of a painful dawn made my tears roll down. So many sleepless nights, so many lonely evenings, the mellow tunes and so much of pain drowned my happiness and somehow I got used to live with it. For days it felt that life has suddenly stopped flowing, and the big boulders on my heart made moving ahead in life not difficult but impossible. Old thoughts, old memories kept hitting me time and again and desperately i started seeking solitude. The voice of melancholy, the darkness of tranquility kept haunting me. Even though people say every cloud has a silver lining I knew this cloud had nothing to give me but the rain, the shower of tears taking the pleasures, giving the pain.
But something changed. Suddenly a miracle happened. And the next morning before I knew there was a new dawn waiting at my doorsteps. My heart started beating in the strangest harmony , a tune that has been haunting me in my shallow hours. I found you when I opened my eyes from the world of agony, torture and pain. Felt I was born again when I looked in your eyes. The feeling was ecstatic and from that very moment my life changed, changed in the strangest possible way even I couldn’t anticipate. I was selfish, awkward, hopeless and desperate for love. I needed you helplessly like a mother to a child. There was no love but there was a need, the need that overpowered me…
Eventually there was one day when I woke up and it was as if the magic spells have finally drifted. I found myself just the way I was before. You came into my life like a whiff of fresh air sweeping me off my feet. That time I realized that the needs have vanished, the desires have gone and the desperate hours have left. What was left behind was love, pure and unadulterated by camal desires. The very thought of love shudders me, parting pains me more. With you I saw a new dawn. You held my hands when I was weak and in your little way you gave me the strength to believe in life and love again. You pulled me out from my depths of despair to my heights of glory. I found in you that island of happiness when I was shipwrecked, all alone caught in the middle of the storm. You sheltered me, comforted me. I found my lost paradise in your arms!! But this world is a cruel place and more brutal are the people who stay here. The storm is not over, the clouds will again overcast the sky, there would again be a torrid downpour and waves will again rise and that’s how life goes on…we built castles, we dream of a far away land and mouth several promises. But as the day breaks the castles break down, all dreams are shattered and all promises broken. All that is left behind is our solitudes and we. Dreaming of you in my life would be like building a castle in the air, so I never dream. All I know no matter what happens, no matter whatever upheaval happens there’s always going to be a part of me that’ll live an eternity with you. We will weather the storm; we will bear the heat and one day we’ll perish. But our love for each other will stay forever. Even if we were miles apart my wish, my prayers will always follow you like a shadow.
On this road of love we fall a hundred times but eventually we stand up. We all know life goes on even if it feels it’s over. So for the days for us to come, for the pleasures for us to enjoy let this be the happiest moment, the deepest agony, the most desired desire, the most cherished memories of our lives lived so far. Let the pain be the pleasure, let the tears be the joy, let the desire be the Satan, let the now be the forever, so that one day when these arms are no more there to hold me I can tell myself I HAVE SPENT AND ETERNITY LOVING YOU….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home