A Solitary Reaper

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

The who's who of human crap!!

Friends, an integral part of our life without whom our existence practically
seizes. Who do we call a best friend? Someone who can reflect our
thoughts,say them before we actually translate them into words, someone
who shares our 'inner i' , Someone who looks through us? Sometime in
life when we meet a companion our heart mingles with the joy and we feel
we have got a great friend. but in practise how many of our "so called
great friends" do actually know us?probably none. The fundamental
theory of solitude is to gather as many companionship as we can to hide
our inner sorrows and express ourselves as someone we want to be, not
someone we already are. In our everyday struggle of life we act like the
"social hypocrites" that we are, so what happens to the real persona
inside? With so many faces, and characters and so many emotions
enveloping our mere existence it becomes difficult at times to recognise
ourselves. I have had my shares of trials and tribulations and in every
stage of life i have found that very special hand to pull me through my
depths of despair to my heights of glory. More than a friend, more than a
companion, more than anything put together in petty words there is the
one who reflects my 'inner i'. Not every people are fortunate enough to
discover that realm of human spirit where we are allowed to hover around
without our social mask, pretend to be no one but ourselves. Life like a
mighty tidal wave keeps coming in it's glorious shades, sweeping us off
our feet and then probably at the new cross roads of life we realise a new
dawn. A beginning of a new belief , beginning of new people, new
existence and new rules of survival. So what happens to the old thoughts
and belongings? Do they get washed off along with the tide? For some
they do , for others they leave an impression on the sands of time in
golden letters. People come and people go everyday but there are some
who are irreplacable. How can you probably live without that person who
is actually everything that you are??how can you seperate yourself from
yourself? So even if the tidal waves sweep away the shores all i have is
my belief, all i have is my faith. Because in my heart i know no matter what
i do i can never leave myself alone...

3 Comments:

  • At January 18, 2005 at 6:50 AM, Blogger Mush said…

    Hmm lisa ,,, good to read your blog after a loooong time ... , so the lights are on now !!! ..lol .. Happy to know and read that you have found that very special hand that has pulled you ... and happy for that owner of that hand as im sue you would take care of it all along hand in hand .. ;-) ....

     
  • At January 19, 2005 at 12:09 AM, Blogger harish said…

    In life the greatest thing you could have is someone with whom you can be your true self. Someone, from whom you hide nothing, share everything..Your innermost fears, darkest secrets, loathsome peeves, dirtiet fantasies...Someone who (depending on size :-P) is your Mini-Me or Maxi-Me....All I wanted to say..you just wrote it down....

     
  • At February 6, 2005 at 2:07 PM, Blogger Dev said…

    Accidentally stumbled upon your blog while reading through Harish’s Chronicles… This was a great reading... You mentioned that “….With so many faces, and characters and so many emotions enveloping our mere existence it becomes difficult at times to recognise ourselves.” This line was very thought provoking… Here is my perspective… I believe there is nothing like inner persona… I think every human being is multilayered… like hmmmm… an Onion… A persona is the sum total of many layers which are made up of basic characteristics like emotions, thoughts, memories, experiences, instincts etc…. All these layers mould us or make us to what we are, how we think, how we react, whom we flock with, what our interests would be etc… the “innermost fears, darkest secrets, loathsome peeves, dirtiest fantasies”, as Harish mentions, are all part of us… we can’t take them away just like that… It takes great will power to peel these layers… Each layer peeled would take us close to our “Inner I” (spirit or atma)… This has been and is the quest of all the great saints… One who succeeds peeling away these layers in search of this “Inner I” would find infinite and eternal bliss (Parmanandam) and would attain liberation from the cycles of rebirth (Moksha or Nirvana)… and becomes one with GOD…

    I’m sure what I typed just now might not make any sense… Some might doubt my sanity… I doubt it myself now… LMAO… Reading through it I’m still puzzled what made me write this… I was listening to a call when I started reading these blogs… and an hour and half later I typed out something… which I never expected to type even in my dreams… This is the first time I’m expressing my thoughts… I wish words to justice to the thoughts I have in mind at this moment… Just remembered… I’m still in my late 30s and I’ve my whole life ahead of me to think about this… right now priority is meeting my targets… So Adios… Please lemme know how you found this…

    DEVil

     

Post a Comment

<< Home